Sunday, August 21, 2005

26 and counting

Tomorrow my wife Jen is 26 weeks pregnant. The babies are now considered viable. If she were to have them today, there is about an 80% chance of survival. I bought Jen an Ice cream cake last week and had them put "Happy Viability" on it. Who knows what the lady at the bakery was thinking.
We had an appointment this week and baby A no longer has echogenic bowel (could mean birth defects) during the ultrasound. This is terrific news for us. If we can hold on untill 28 weeks the stats go way up for bringing home healthy babys. The babys are constantly kicking up a storm, and it gives me a warm feeling inside every time. We are even getting ready to start the babys room. Almost seems weird, the room that was going to belong to Seth, Faith & Hope will now go to their siblings. I'm sure they would love to see them in it. I only wish all five were sqeezed in there, but this is what God has in store for us. We have the names Jacob and Lilian picked out, but Jen is having second thoughts about Jacob. I like it though.
We always seem to end up watching these baby shows on Discovery Health channel. When we see these little miracles on T.V. we don't know whether to cry over the lost ones or get excited over the ones comming. Tears usually end up winning, but I think every other tear is for Joy and every other for pain. Its been an emotional year for us, but I think we are closer to each other than we've ever been. I think you can compare it to the bonding of soldiers. My wife and I have been through battle together on many levels. We lost the big fight last year, but I think were gonna win this one. I hope every man has a wife like mine behind them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Wow...what a beautiful post! I will be praying for Jen and the babies...I know that God can work miracles. Billie and John's little Holland and Eden are living proof of that.
You will all be in my prayers.
God bless you.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Howard Fisher said...

You can't name him Jacob. Simple reason being that if I am ever blessed with another son, he will be Jacob. Can there be cousins with the same name?

;-)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

To Howard:

Just for the record, there CAN be cousins with the same name! TRUST me.

I have a horror story of name choices between my sister-in-law and me...
NEVER argue over baby names!!!

Just a word of advice. :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

Actually, it looks as if Jacob has become Joshuah over the last couple of days. I like the Name Joshuah Blaize Fisher, but Jen doesn't like Blaize for a middle name. I'll keep pressing her and see if I can win her over. I gave her Josh instead of Jacob. I'm hoping that I can negotiate Blaize in the deal. As we all know, ultimatly, if the mom does not approve, it aint gonna happen. I guess thats what you earn for carrying the babys, you get final say in the names.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Howard Fisher said...

27 and counting...w00t!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Howard Fisher said...

28 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Jim:
You should do a new posting soon...I was starting to get worried!
Still praying for your wife and babies.
God bless.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

Kendra lynn,
Sorry I havent updated. Ill try to stay on top of it, thank you millions for your prayers, every one helps.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home