Friday, November 11, 2005

Sleepless in MA


Lillian in her endless slumber
Joshua copying his sister

Welcome!............Welcome Joshua and Lillian to life outside the womb. On 11/1 Joshua Xavier Fisher and Lillian Grace Fisher came into our life at 2:03 p.m. and 2:05 p.m. Josh weighed in at 6 lbs. 4 oz. and Lil weighed in at 6 lbs. 1 oz. Not a bad size for 36 weeks. Lillian spent one night in the N.I.C.U. due to blood sugar and tempature issues that are typical of month preemies. After that night she was just fine.
I keep getting asked if were getting any sleep. The answer is no, but who cares, were having a ball. They are just wonderful! Jen and I are a pretty good team and we manage. Our Daughter Danielle is loving her brother and sister, she is very attentive and a big help.

Hold my newborn in my arms, a complete stranger, who are these tiny people and why am I so worried about them, falling in love with them each passing minute. Stranger turns into son. Stranger turns into daughter
Watching him look at me and try to make some sense of it. I see myself through his eyes.
To smell her hair as her head shakes about, trying to find a nipple that isn't ready just yet.
I hold him on my chest because he wont sleep unless he's held, as I catch half awake naps.
Like it is in Heaven.
Little cries like a cats meow or a puppies whimper giving me purpose.
Witness their sleep and keep it for myself.
Only I can hear their swallow songs as they take in their milk
Made up words to made up songs to console their restless minute
Bring us all back to innocence, I breathe in your new air, your new spirit.
I breathe your new person, all your good, all your life.


I will spend these next months of a lifetime caring for my newborns Josh and Lilly. Little else will matter. Jen and I will share sleepless nights and love every minute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

There is nothing more beautiful than a baby made and reared in love.
I am so thankful that Josh and Lilly made it safely into the world.
Congratulations to you and Jen.
May God bless and keep you all.

Kendra Lynn

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

Kendra,
Thankyou for your prayers all along Jens pregnancy. Its really something when you have people you never even met praying for your babys safe arrival. God has truely blessed us. Hope your daughters are doing well
Jim

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home