Thursday, November 17, 2005

First Days

This is a picture of my daughter Lillian Grace on her second day of life. She had to spend it in the N.I.C.U. hence all the wires. She had problems keeping her body temp up and in turn her blood sugar kept dropping. My thanks to all the wonderful nurses at South Shore hospital in Weymouth for taking such good care of my baby (especially Risa). As I sat with my daughter worrying and feeling sorry for myself, I looked around at some of the other baby's that had far worse issues than Lilly. I then fed Lilly her bottle and counted my blessings. I knew she would fight through this basically miniscule problem relatively speaking. I brought my other daughter to the NICU to visit Lilly. They told us That Danielle could not come in because she was not 16 years old. Danielle immediately started to cry right in front of the nurse telling us this, and said "but that is my sister". Tears rolled down my face. Not because Danielle couldn't see her sister, but because it was that moment that I realized how much Danni loved her new sister and needed to see for herself that she was OK. This prompted the nurse to get Lilly and bring her to the window so Danni could see her. I am truly blessed

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

I'm thankful that your babies made it through those first days with very little trouble. God has truly blessed you and your family! Keep the pictures coming, I'm lovin' them! :)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home