Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ups and Downs


Well, Josh and Lilly are two weeks old yesterday. The day after they came home my washing machine broke. With twins we obviously had laundry piling up. We are completely broke because I have been out of work helping Jen. Got the new washing machine from Sams club (cheapest one I could find). Then a couple of days after that a pipe sprung a leak soaking the basement. Luckely I have learned how to sweat a joint in from the last time we had a leak. So I fixed that leak and the very next day we sprung another leak. I fixed that one and yesterday another leak further down the same pipe. So this morning I replaced that whole pipe. Each time something went wrong I felt really upset only to be reminded shortly later of how unimportant all this stuff really is by two beautiful babies. This picture shows my daughter Danielle on left and neighborhood friend Sara on right. The day we came home from the hospital these two girls took it apon themselves to clean our entire house to surprise Jen and I. My daughters birthday party had to be posponed twice now because of the arrival of her siblings, she never complained or even mentioned it. I hope we can raise our new ones as well as her. Danielle is a very attentive big sister. I have felt her distancing Jen and I since she has entered her teenage years only to be brought back closer to us by her new siblings. These babies are a blessing in every way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Its amazing how one thing after another can go wrong...but they are such small things...compared to God and family. Its great how God can bring us back to HIS reality...LOVE.
I'm glad things are going well for you all.

Kendra Lynn

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home