Sunday, December 18, 2005

Gods Ears

As I hold her to my chest I feel her head bobbing. Searching for a nipple or just restless. I begin to whisper into her ear. The bobbing immeadiatly stops. My mouth not an inch from her ear. I tell her about all I know. Something catches my attention and my talking stops. There... the bobbing starts again. She's pushing her head into my neck, trying to get the talk to start again. Several monotone grunts untill I start to whisper once again. Her ear takes the love right out of my mouth and funnels it into her head. The love fills her head making it too heavy to lift. She soon swallows it and her body goes limp. I tell her of my day, meaningless chatter. Somehow her ear changes what I say into Christmas stories and tales of horses running on far away mountains. Her tiny feet, toes in a curl, stick out of the bottom of her gown. 3rd down and six yards to go, removes my attention from her. They can't keep punting on every possesion. The bobbing starts again, along with sweet grunts of a soft voice. I start to whisper once again,
I make myself small and crawl into her ear.
Let her know she has nothing to fear.
Let her know that my arms are strong.
That I will lift her up and take her along.
Whisper to her, she need not be afraid.
That these are the moments for which I have prayed.
She soon drifts off to sleep, taking my stories into her dreams. How much does she know? She lets out a sigh as I lay her down next to her brother. He will watch over her for now. I worry about keeping this home for them forever. I want to give them this life. I want to give it to my wife. I want the lord to give it to me.
He has........

2 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Very well written...your sweet baby has nothing to fear with her daddy so near to her.
Beautiful.

Kendra

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy the holidays with your sweet new babies.

God blessings,

Kendra Lynn

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home