Thursday, April 13, 2006

V for Veft Wing

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just got back from vacation. My wife and I had our first date in perhaps two years. It was nice, dinner and a movie. We saw "V for Vendetta". I really enjoyed the movie. I know everyone always says the media and hollywood have a left agenda. With Fox news leading the nation, I must say that the media is a bit more balanced these days, but Hollywood? I am not sure. I have never seen a more politically charged movie. The theme is that England has become a dictatorship and is now the worlds super power. Of course this only happens after America has somehow lost the war in Iraq and ends up in shambles. The evil dictatorship is run by what was the conservative party that came into power using Christianity and a viral hoax (the conservative party planted this virus in school children while in cahoots with a drug company that had the cure already to go) . There is even a scene where one of the films heros has a forbidden Koran and explains that even though he doesn't agree with its doctrine, he can still see the beauty in its passages. The movie would not be complete without a sexually deviant priest that gets off with under age girls. The movie seems to be some type of warning of what will happen if conservative trend keeps its momentem. The coruptness of religion can only lead to censorship under the guiss of God will, is another point driven home. Hollywood doesn't have an agenda? Whatever. I did like the movie though. It did have that Matrix feel to it, and a very cool twist.

3 Comments:

Blogger Howard Fisher said...

I am always amazed at how the left sees the right in this country. Then again, with the likes of Pat Robertson, it is a difficult image to shake.

God Bless

Howard

4:30 PM  
Blogger Hume's Ghost said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Hmm...sounds like a crazy movie...not sure I'd want to see it.
I DID love the Matrix though...so maybe I would like it!!!
Glad you got to go on a date with your wife...always important to find time for each other.

Kendra

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home