Friday, February 24, 2006

Stomach Ache

He was in some type of pain.
Holding his small body against my chest.
Kicking, screaming, he doesn't understand it.
Walking in circles changes his scenery, helps him forget.
Soon sharp pains return and remind him. He looks to me for help
My eyes tear up.
I want him to know his pain hurts me too.
With his every scream my rib cage curls in and punctures my lungs.
Making it hard for me to breath. Breath out any words that might have comfort.
He so tired now, but his alarm clock belly wont shut off, just keeps beeping.
He has yet to commit his first sin, but one is committed against him. This is how the world is Josh. Sometimes we are put through what we don't deserve. Sooner or later we all deserve it. But not tonight Josh. Tonight you are paying for my sins.
Finally..... sleep little boy. I will stand over you

Morning comes, mother bends over the crib to show you her face. Your amnesia smile, innocence restored. No memories of bacteria belly's. Just the familiar woman with love in her voice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Howard Fisher said...

"Tonight you are paying for my sins.
Finally..... sleep little boy. I will stand over you"

Don't forget the rest of man, especially Adam. You are absolutely right here. There simply is no such thing as a secret sin that affects nobody. (Otherwise known as Original Sin)

Nevertheless, take heart brother. For some odd reason, there is a sense of Joy that only Christ gives when we suffer for one another. A Joy that only those who experiece it can attempt to explain, but never really able to.

The fact that you wrote what you wrote expresses this.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

That was lovely. Hey...if Josh is experiencing colic...goto www.babysbliss.com
This stuff worked miracles for Merry and Kelsey.
I highly recommend it for infants with stomach distress.
Hope you are getting some more sleep.

Kendra

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

Thanks for the advice Kendra,
We have been so lucky that the twins are rarely colic. They are mostly very happy babies, but I am gonna check out the web site anyway (just in case), you never know when it will strike again.
My heart goes out to those parents that have babies with constant colic. I can't imagine going through that on a regular basis, and I know there are people that have to.
We are blessed with great healthy babies.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Glad to hear they are usually happy and healthy. Nevertheless..check out that site..jsut in case you need it. :)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home