Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weekend Update

An update on the twins.
We heard Lilly laugh for the first time on Monday night. She kept giggling everytime Jen spoke to her in a silly voice. Might not sound like much, but how it sends a pleasure chill down your spine to hear your childs happiness in the form a giggle for the first time. She seems far less fussy these days. She tries so hard to talk, making all kinds of coo sounds. I sit for hours with her having imaginary conversations. She just puts so much effort into communication that I have to let her think its working by responding with "oh, I understand". It keeps her yapping anyway. Sometimes when something else catches my attention and she notices I am not paying attention to her, she lets out a big yelp to get my focus where it should be..... on her.
Josh must weigh a ton by now, making his little sister seem light. I feel like I'm picking up a six year old. He is not quite laughing yet, but lets out little grunts when he is being tickled. He is becomming a serious momma's boy. Dad can make him smile when he is happy, but Mom can make him quiet when he is fussy. He looks so much like my dad. No one else has those floppy ears. Josh coos all the time too, but with a little less variety of sounds. The changing table seems to be Disney land to him, thats where he does most of his talking and smiling.
Not a day goes by that Jens doesn't asks me if these babies are real. They sleep a good 8 hours at night giving Jen and I some well needed rest. They are truely a dream come true.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

I'm so thankful that you are all well and happy. God has blessed you and its great to hear about the babies' progress.

Thanks for posting.

Kendra

6:21 PM  
Blogger Howard Fisher said...

I remember when Steven had his first belly roll laugh. I was saying "no more chicken" after eating enough Kentucky Fried Chicken to last me a life time.

We have it on DVD. I'll try to upload it on the site.

I can't wait to do it again. I'm jealous.

;-)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

No need to be jealous, wont be long till you get to do it all again. Then you'll be the envy. I am so happy to share these babies with anyone. I love when their cousins come over and I let them hold the babies. We have a 3 year old niece that held Lilly a couple of weeks ago, it was the cutest.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home