Friday, June 02, 2006

Sweet Lilly

I put the bottle of wine down on the counter. Had to rearrange a couple of things to make room for it. "She's probably had a busy day with them" I thought to myself since the kitchen had baby bottles and cerial bowls lying around the counter tops. I removed my cell from belt and plugged it into the charger.
"Da Da.......Da Da" I heard comming from 7 month old Lillian.
"Thats right Lilly, Da Da's home" Jen said.
I went from a tired man who just finished his 14 1/2 hour day to a guy who just won the lottery. She's been saying "Da Da" for almost a month now, but this time was a little different. This sounded as if she was calling out. Instead of "da da da da da" as a means for chatter, it had purpose and meaning. This time she was calling for me.
I walked into the den and there she was in her Jumperoo. That huge smile over came her face. She sprung into action with excitement, bouncing her body in every direction. Made me feel like a million bucks. This was almost as good as the first time she cried when I walked out of the room. Yeah, she'll cry if you put her down and leave the room, but when both Jen and I are sitting on the couch and she cries when just I leave, Wow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Howard Fisher said...

Girls love their daddys. I remember when Rachel was first born She only wanted mom.

One day we were over grandma's house and something scared her. She was about 2-3 years old. She ran past mom, grandma, grandpa, and everyone else that got in her way. She ran to dad.

Girls know who will protect them.

:-)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Isnt' that great??? I'm so glad you have them.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home