Monday, January 16, 2006

Baptismal


Yesterday we Baptized our twins. What a neat experience. Father Ken from Saint Bonaventure gave a very nice service. Joshua did not even pout while he was being splashed and Lillian never even woke up! A good friend of mine from Gillette, Paul , was the Godfather. We origionally planned to have my daughter be the Godmother but they wouldn't let her because she has not been confirmed. So we went without a Godmother. We had a lot of family which was nice. Only a few couldn't make it ( I guess the ones without phones).
I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride throughout the day. Most of the other babies had fancier Christening outfits on than my twins did, although ours were quite nice. But we were the only couple that had two babies. I felt twice as blessed as everyone else. I felt proud as we stood in front of the whole church proclaiming our children belong to God. I did not want to get down again. The night before I was devisatated by the Patriots loss, how quickly that feeling went away as the things that really matter take over your thoughts. There is always next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Howard Fisher said...

Nice picture. Those kiddos are something to be proud of.


Did you happen to notice that someone's head got cut off?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

What a nice family. :) You must be very proud! :)
God bless you all.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jim Fisher said...

Did not mean to cut our saviours head off. But look at this mural. It is all carved out of wood. It is really a sight. Whenever I go to church I can't help but stare at the beauty of this mural. I need to find out how they had it made.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home