Monday, January 16, 2006

Silly Lilly



Since I did a little tribute to Josh I figured I should do one for Lillian too. I have taken so many pictures of her but they never seem to show just how beautiful she is. Either her eyes are closed or she has some funny expression on her face. Even though the lighting in this picture is poor, it really shows her beauty. I suppose I am looking through a fathers eyes, but come on, look at this kid! Lilly is a very fussy one. She needs to be held for most of the day. If you cradle her in your arms she will still probably cry. She wants to be on your shoulder in a hugging position. She makes the most lovely squeaks and noises. She hums while she drinks her breast milk. She is always the first one up in the morning, and somehow manages to move herself across the crib while Josh is exactly where you put him down ( I have yet to figure this out, I have watched her time and time again, and she doesn't move an inch. I think when I leave she just gets up and walks to a different position just to freak me out). As in the picture, she is easy to get a smile out of, and lights up a room when she does. I noticed recently that she stops crying when she sees me coming to get her rather than after I pick her up. That tells me she is a little more aware of what is going on around her, so perhaps she will be a smart little bugger. I love that she wants me to hold her all the time. I love that she cries when I give her to someone outside my family, then stops crying when I take her back. I love you Lillian.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice when a kid is needy, because it means that we're needed -- and that's a good feeling. Exhausting, perhaps, but also good.

My son is six months and still doesn't calm down until he is actually picked up. The moment he sees us approach, he actually starts screaming louder. I think he's more interested in making sure we register his complaint than in the fact that we're finally about to comfort him!

Nice tribute to your daughter. You're right -- she's beautiful in the picture!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Howard Fisher said...

She is a beauty. Even if her tongue isn't hanging out of her mouth.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

She's gorgeous...I LOVE that bonnet!
Little girls are just so much fun to dress up. :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home